House- Lake Naivasha
The Kenya of the pioneers was a land of
expansive farms, carved from the highlands
and the country around the beautiful Rift
Valley Lakes. The virgin untamed land drew
the early settlers, in those days roamed by
Maasai herdsmen and wild game. With only
rudimentary tools and teams of oxen, forests
were cleared and fences established to open
the land to herds of cattle. Although life
was hard, the settlers enjoyed an outdoor
lifestyle, walking, riding and hunting
amongst the profusion of animal and bird
life in the Great Rift Valley.
Quick Facts about Loldia House
• Loldia Farm was established by a settler
who came to Kenya by ox-wagon after the Boer
war and is still owned by the same family
today. He was a renowned horseman who chose
this beautiful corner of Kenya to enjoy all
that was best in the early Kenyan lifestyle.
• Nestling under the acacia and wild fig
trees on the green western shores of Lake
Naivasha, the present Loldia House was
constructed by Italian prisoners of war from
stone quarried on the farm.
• Built around a courtyard, its main archway
frames a stunning view of the dormant
volcano Mount Longonot.
• The house is set in lawns, which are
grazed at night by hippos from the lake.
Today's guest can savor the taste of this
early lifestyle in Loldia's uniquely
• The farm is ideally situated to visit the
flamingo lakes of Nakuru, Elementaita and
Bogoria, one of the great spectacles of
Africa. Lake Nakuru also offers excellent
viewing of the Black Rhino and the more
elusive White Rhino amongst an abundance of
other bird and wildlife.
• Lake Bogoria is one of the few places
where the rare and beautiful Greater Kudu
can be seen. On the farm's 6,500 acres,
guests may walk or ride through herds of
dairy and beef cattle and a flock of farmed
ostriches, interspersed with impala,
waterbuck and other plains game.
Meals and Relaxation
• Loldia offers the highest standards of
cuisine and personalized service.
• The House Manager, Peter Njoroge, has been
described in England's Country Life magazine
as "probably the world's best butler".
• All meals, activities mentioned above as
well as laundry are included in the price
• Boat trips are also arranged on Lake
Naivasha for fishing and bird watching, and
visits can be made to Hell's Gate National
Park with its spectacular canyon, hot
springs and abundant wildlife.
• Activities can be tailor-made to suit each
Loldia House Summary
Location: Old farmhouse on a Ranch of the
north western shores of Lake Naivasha, Kenya
• Number of beds: 9 rooms, 4 rooms in the
House, 1 Cottage with 3 separate rooms, 1
Cottage with 2 rooms (18 beds)
• Double & Twins: 6 Twins, 3 double rooms
• Facilities: En-suite bathroom with bath,
shower, basin, flush toilet, hot and cold
• Rooms: English style furnished rooms
• Electricity: Yes
• Restaurant: Dining room in colonial
• Lounge: Original room with fire place in
colonial English style
• Room service: Room service on request, tea
and coffee is served at the rooms with wake
• Laundry: Daily at no extra cost
• Communication: Telephone and fax in Loldia
House, radio contact with other camps and
• Loldia Airstrip: Length 1500 m, gravel
Safari and Tour Activities:
• Excursions with game drives and picnic
breakfast or lunch at Lake Nakuru National
Park, Hell's Gate National Park, Lake
Elementaita & Lake Bogoria (National Park
entrance fees & drinks to be paid
• Game drives and game walks on the ranch
and night game drives (included in price).
• Horse riding on the ranch (included in
• Boat rides: Morning and afternoon boat
rides on Lake Naivasha (Sun downer), boat
ride to Crescent Island with game watching
and game walks (included in price).
-Cancellation is subject to a fee charged
for bookings already reserved. Conditions
and cancellation penalties apply.
NB: Prices and availability are subject to
revision without prior notice owing to
currency, tax, levy and seasonal
fluctuations. We also offer safari, car
rentals and flight bookings which we can
organise for you with your hotel/lodge
For Booking and Reservation Please Click